Sunday, November 8, 2009

The art of being social...

Stooping...porch-sitting...whatever you call it, I need to do this a little before the weather gets too much cooler. I am all about building the community vibe...and I need to be a better practitioner in this respect. I am just going to sit out with a book or something...keep it simple for now. Too many white folk in this area like to sit in their fortified little row-houses behind their 'burglar bars' as we call them in the Caribbean...I am starting to realize that there are more white people around here than I originally thought. It's just that I am not seeing them anywhere, except when they walk the 10-15 feet from their front door to their car or as they are walking their dog. Too much fear in this country along with society's penchant for hours in front of the tv/computer are forcing people inside...I refuse to be a part of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment