Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Weekend 'Flashback' - Homecoming at McKinley


This past weekend I went to McKinley Technnology High School's Homecoming game against Spingarn HS. I hadn't been to a high school football game in a while but I decided to go and pick up the local vibe and hang out in the neighborhood. McKinley's campus is only a few blocks south from where I live so I figured, why not?

I didn't want to pay $5 to get in, cheapskate that I am. If I had a full-time job these days probably would have had no issues supporting the local fundraising efforts but, this time, I was going to be watching from outside the chain link fence. View wasn't bad at all, as you can see, I just spent the next few hours on my feet.

I arrived a little late but there was no score at that point. In the end, the McKinley 'Trainers' won 14-6. There was some crappy play along the way but they did what they needed to do. I was happy as a local person probably should...who also happens to have no other allegiances in DC high school football...

So I had an enjoyable time except for a bizarre experience that occurred just as I was preparing to walk the few blocks home. I won't go into further detail here but I did handle the situation in a mature and proper manner despite the awkwardness of the moment and will leave it at that.

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of the blog! Love it! YOu still havent told me what happend. I am so available if you want to tell me about it.

    Keep up the good work! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete