Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Remainders of Snowmageddon: Watch your step!


Now that our snow banks have largely melted, it's perilous walking out there. No, I am not talking about ice as our temperatures have been relatively balmy this past week, instead I am talking about massive puddles, mud pots, and trash...one also has to pay careful attention to piles of dog crap that litter our sidewalks on nearly every block. Thankfully, I have yet to step in anything but have had to pay just as much attention walking these days as when we really only had ice to worry about.

Really, it's amazing how few people pick up after their pets but when you look at how casually many people discard their trash in this city, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Seattle was pristine when compared to DC and when I was in NYC visiting, I don't recall the same level of dog feces and trash that seem to carpet DC residential and some commercial sidewalks.

If I have any complaints about DC so far, it's the level of uncleanliness in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment