Saturday, October 24, 2009

Institutional Eckington?

I have been doing some digging with respect to the community organizations/institutions present in Eckington...still some more work to do but found out about the Eckington Civic Association, which has been around for a while apparently but has only just launched a website...it's a nice one too...check it out here. I look forward to seeing much more there soon and learning more about them.

Also, there's the ANC or Advisory Neighborhood Commission for our area, which is 5C. 5 because I am in Ward 5 and then the ward's broken up into commission sectors, mine happens to be C. Each ANC has a set of Commissioners who represent SMDs (Single Member Districts). I live in SMD 06 and am represented by Mrs. Mary Lois Farmer-Allen. Click her name to check out her page. The entire ANC 5C page can be found here. I already missed the ANC meeting for this month so will have to look into that for November.

1 comment:

  1. You know I am going to want to hear all about your ANC meeting lol! I am sure your ANC will be much better than mine! lol.

    ReplyDelete